Today-Sept. 23 at around 2.30 Spain time, I arrived the Barajas Airport. Yay me for getting there all by myself with no major hiccups. Considering all it the stuff people have to go through to enter the US, you can basically just stroll right through Customs in Spain. No declaring of anything, no stamping of the pass port. nada. At least I have my visa. It must serve some other purpose than to let me into the country.
The flight over was pretty uneventful. Luftansa economy class is very cramped. When you move the seat back backwards, it also scoots the front of the chair forwards so that your legs are closer to the seat in front of you...which is also closer to you because the person sitting in front of you has decided to lean their seat all the way back. I was basically in a corner because I got a window seat. Being in the corner did allow me to see the stars up close and personal (the Giant Dipper) and to watch the sun rise over the clouds.
I watched 2 out of the three movies they showed, Made of Honor and Prince Caspian. Did not watch Drillbit Taylor in its entirety because I was working very hard and not succeeding at falling asleep.
I had a change of planes in Frankfurt which would have been interesting if I had more time between flights. As it happened I needed all the time I could get to go through a passport check and the go through security again.
I slept on the entire flight from Frankfurt to Madrid. I took a taxi to my friend's apartment and it all went very smoothy.
As soon as the siesta hour was over I went to get a new phone from vodafone and then waited out the day. I made it all the way until 11 and then I passed out and it was glorious.
No comments:
Post a Comment