After Rebecca left and school started again, life in the winter has been cold, but pretty non-eventful. It snowed a handful of times again. The older kids at the school were supposed to go skiing one week, but it got canceled because of the road conditions.
Jan 31 is Peace day. I don´t know where this comes from, but its a holiday and the schools have the day off. Our school celebrated by having kind of a presentation where each grade presents something to do with peace and then they wore different colored headbands and created a huge rainbow.
We got two more assistants. One is to replace the older woman who was an assisant. She left to take a real teaching position. He is Texan, but has lived in Spain for 8 years with his spanish wife and kids. The other new one is from Washington and has spent a good part of the last 6 years in Spain studying or working. He did the Middleberry Masters program. It is interesting to have more assistants and to see what they think of being at the school.
Recently, the weather has been nice and warm and sunny. It abruptly changed one week and we went from freezing to warm.
I have a new flatmate. He is french and finishing his degree as a graphic design student. He learned his spanish in Colombia. I got the oven in my apartment fixeds so now I can make all manner of baked goods and reheat things and buy frozen foods. We finally also cleaned out our freezer. It took about two weeks for us to get all of the ice out.
I´m hoping the weather stays nice for a while and doesn´t start raining buckets or go back to freezing degree weather. For the Spring time I have lots of travel planned to hit up the big festivals of Spain.
No comments:
Post a Comment