| from styledip.com |
This time around, being in the mindset of being home to stay, I have seen a lot of friends. I've been able to see college friends, middle school friends, friends I made in Spain, and friends from old work places. Over these two months I've come to realize how much I value the friendships that I have and how important they are to me.
I sorely missed my friends in Peru. I missed being able to see them and just do nothing, or to talk about anything and everything and get their opinions, or text them some random message. I love being with Carlos (obviously), but sometimes you really need your good girl friends, and I'm definitely loading up on quality time. It also makes me more and more excited waiting for Carlos to come up so he can meet all of these friends who are so important to me.
Yesterday I met up with a friend who I hadn't seen in AGES, and when we got together it was so great to be with her and catch up. I think this is what draws me back to the states, more than the familiarity of places and food and cool things to see. There are always cool things to see wherever you are, but its having access to my friends, being able to call them, to see them, to visit for a few days. When you live in a foreign country, its hard for people to just drop by for a weekend.
People always warmed me that nothing is the same after college. That if you live in a foreign country or you live in the US you won't see all of your friends all the time like in college. Ands its true, I mean, you cannot just walk down the hall and see someone. I have friends scattered across the globe, but the access is important for me. It makes me feel closer, and that makes me feel better. Even with all that Facebook has to offer in terms of stalking, errrr keeping up with people, that personal, human connection is what I love and missed in Peru.
Even now, thinking about my friends that I have seen, do see, and have yet to see makes me smile. Cheers to friendship! Now, I just need Carlos' visa paperwork to come through and my life will be complete!
No comments:
Post a Comment