Thursday, November 19, 2009

Turkeys and bus signs

Madrid has now installed various signs by the bus stops around where I live. They tell you both visually and audibly when the next bus is going to come. I admit that it is handy to have something telling you when the next bus will arrive, but they are never too far apart anyway. My problem is that it is a random pole in the middle of the sidewalk. I am also curious to see how long they last because that street get a lot of night traffic with loads of drunk people. The signs should be secure, but they look rather hastily and cheaply constructed. There are also the old bus stop signs that tell you how often the bus will come, so you can guesstimate. All in all I think its one of Madrid's random useless money spending plans to enhance the city.

I have also found out how easy it is to order a turkey. I went to the closest "Mercado", which is an old fashioned market where there are different stall that sell all food types that you could want. There is a stand that just sells poultry and I went in the beginning of the Month to ask about a turkey and he said 'no problem' and so I went back the other day and placed my order. Its going to be a 5 kilo turkey. Hope it fits into the oven...I think I'm going to try brining it and then putting some butter on it and hopefully it will end up ok. It was suprisingly easy to order my turkey. I thought I was going to have a lot more trouble. Step one in Thanksgiving prep is complete!

No comments:

Post a Comment