Saturday, November 7, 2009

Welcome to November!

Welcome to November!

October was full of getting settled and trying to have fun without spending too much money. I went to my favorite Indian restaurant a few times with the 7euro fixed price menu. As always, it was a hit.

October was also spent setting my schedule. As opposed to last year I have a good number of private lessons. Last year I found a site that was for private lessons of all sorts and I posted a new ad for lessons. I got quite a lot of interested prospective students, and I had to remind myself that I didn't want to travel an extra 40min on the mentro to go teach the lessons. Even though I put "city center", people still contacted me to go pretty far outside, around the airport. I have finally got all my classes set up and I have one in Moralzarzal with the son of one of teachers at my school, one in the neighboring town of Villalba with two girls that I had last year, a 21 year old tourism student, a brother and sister for playtime/lessons and their father for conversation classes, and a 9 year old and her younger brother. I see the family three times a week and the tourism student twice a week. Its a challenge to plan all this lessons because I have to do different lessons with all of them, but I like it and hopefully having all these lessons will allow me to save some money this year:)

Last weekend was Halloween, and I did a lot of Halloween stuff with my younger kids. We did not get a pumpkin as I wanted, but we did manage to get dressed up and go out. After some thought I decided to be a cowgirl, because it involved the least amount of new buying. My roommate Chelsea even reminded me to make my paper bag vest. haha I felt like I was one of my first or second graders. It was great. Halloween has gotten bigger in Spain in the last few years and this year I felt like I noticed more Halloween decoration out this year. For diversion we went to a club that usually has international parties and themed parties and they were of course having a Halloween party with a costume contest so we got to see some pretty good costumes apart from the typical Spanish witch/priest/nun/vampire. We made it until 5am when they started playing continuous house music. All in all it was a good Halloween.

The weather the past few weeks has been a little chaotic with one week being freezing with rain and a little hail an the next week with spring/summer weather. This week it has been turning more towards fall/winter, but we are already in November! I should have broken out my winter coat weeks ago. Oh well...

We have decided to have a Thanksgiving party at our place with all the fixings. I have found where to get a Turkey and the rest of the traditional things can be bought at the American stores or made in the house...with products from the American Store. Look forward to reading about the Thanksgiving success! (..or worse case scenario...Thanksgiving fiasco)

No comments:

Post a Comment